Sunday, July 23, 2006

Mylo live

These equations look pretty fucking stupid. Safe to say the pressure got dropped.

Actually it was a perfect night on all possible fronts. I didn't even notice who was DJ ing cause I was efffffed, but it all sounded really good, including MSTRKRFT, whom I am not normally fond of. The system at Sonic really came through.

The high point was when someone (maybe Mylo or The Juan MacLean) played the M.A.N.D.Y. vs. Missy Elliot song I'd posted just before the show. I was so psyched to hear it... but there was no Missy vocal, wtf? Meanwhile my girlfriend is like "Cooool, Booka Shade". So the rest of the night we pretty much broke up over who the song was actually by. Some points we agreed on:

A. The instrumental of the M.A.N.D.Y vs. Missy song was definitely what was playing
B. It did not sound unlike Booka Shade
C. M.A.N.D.Y and Booka Shade are on the same label and hang out and such

But would M.A.N.D.Y. release a mash-up of Booka Shade and Missy under their name?
Kind of. It's an unofficial release, so anything is possible.

Apparently M.A.N.D.Y. do a remix of Lindstrom's I Feel Space, which I have to get. Apologies for not posting the Freeform Reform mix, my mp3 is corrupt. If I get around to ripping the record, it will get up for sure. Here's a song to tide you over in the meantime:

Nick Chacona - Meso Loco (Putsch 79 mix)

Putsch 79 is Bangkok Impact and someone else. This is some really crisp italo disco. I love how they work the synths - fine stuff.

5 Comments:

Blogger Richard Carnage said...

Don't bother with the FF5 mix of the Lindstrom. The Mandy one's pretty average as well, but it's all about the foreboding Tiefschwarz/Turntablerockers mix to build things up whe you're playing out!

11:46 AM  
Blogger SCHUMACHER said...

I guess you were both right:

MANDY vs. Booka shade:
body language:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1C444F982636597A

body language(afrilounges deep reconstruction):

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2D55138B4EF733F0

11:54 AM  
Blogger stan said...

Oh tight, Tiefschwarz/TTrockers is on the other side of the record. I still think the original is a killer.

The Afrilounges mix of Body Language gets really solid around minute five, thanks Hockey

3:16 PM  
Blogger Blackest said...

the version of body language/missy you heard is, i think, the 'down and dirty dub' which appeared on the flip

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home