Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Alright, I love IDM


Sometimes it's good to listen to something other than Bin Laden whilst getting crunk. The other day I had a nice sesh in the park to Arovane & Phonem's collabo album, Aer [valid]. Such dazzling work on the part of both. In addition the collabo tracks, there are some strictly Arovane and strictly Phonem pieces that each fit the soundscape very well.

Arovane - (Fard) Ent:r

This features beautiful, mechanical-sounding percussion, with a really subtle staticky noise that's either a reverse hit or something with really sharp decay/release. It sounds like a printer or copier advancing paper, like a spindle making exactly a quarter turn... ha, I'm reading my notes from when I was listening to it blunted. Anyway, that noise alone does it for me, but there's also the high melody near the middle - so intricate and multi-layered - killer!

Here is a grainy-ass flikr photo of Arovane in Portland:


IDM shows - stark decor and not a lot of people, though I bet it sounded lovely.

Oh, almost forgot, big tings are gwanning on the ridetothis harddrive, so watch out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home